Over the coming 14 weeks we will be carrying out a study group based on “Enjoying God“ by Tim Chester:
“What is the key to actually enjoying God? Christians talk a lot about having a relationship with God – but what exactly does it mean to have a relationship with someone we cannot see? We talk a lot about having joy – but for many, the Christian life can feel like a dutiful slog. We talk a lot about knowing God – but it’s easier to know more about God rather than to know God more. Discover not only what it means to have a relationship with the living God – Father, Son, and Spirit – but also how it can be infused with genuine joy”
How will the study group work?
Each Sunday, a new post will be available containing a condensed version of a book chapter alongside discussion questions and a challenge for the week ahead. If you prefer to use this as a personal study, then that is all you will need!
If you would like to have others to journey with through this study, an online discussion will take place weekly on Monday at 7:30 pm with a latest finish time of 8:30 pm. You can access this discussion each week via Zoom using this link: https://zoom.us/j/762738969 or by using the meeting ID: 762 738 969
The discussion via Zoom is very easy to use so please don’t be put off if you are not used to the technology. You can use it on your smart phone or laptop/PC. Simply click on the link. Agree to allow the use of video and audio when prompted.
The Weekly Themes:
- 30th March – More
- 6th April – Joy
- 13th April – In every pleasure we can enjoy the Father’s generosity
- 20th April – In every hardship we can enjoy the Father’s formation
- 27th April – no session
- 4th May – In every prayer we can enjoy the Father’s welcome
- 11th May – In every failure we can enjoy the Son’s grace
- 18th May – In every pain we can enjoy the Son’s presence
- 25th May – In every supper we can enjoy the Son’s touch
- 1st June – In every temptation we can enjoy the Spirit’s life
- 8th June – In every groan we can enjoy the Spirit’s hope
- 15th June – In every word we can enjoy the Spirit’s voice
- 22nd June – In one another we can enjoy God’s love
- 29th June – In daily repentance and faith we can enjoy God’s freedom
- 6th July – Under the hood
Reading the book is not required for the study group but if you would like to purchase the book then you can do so here in paperback or Kindle: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Enjoying-God-Tim-Chester/dp/1784982814